Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Shot Desserts....Yes, Please!


Chris (my husband) and I went to dinner with some friends this weekend. Of course, I couldn't just enjoy myself and not think of anything related to weddings or wedding planning. I have no excuse except that I love everything that goes into a wedding. I find inspiration every where I go. Like my friend said this weekend, "When you are an artist, you no longer see a tree as a tree, you see it as a contrast of lights and darks." Wedding planning is the same thing - I see things how they can fit into the style of a wedding.



But - anyway - I was reading the menu and found myself at the dessert section (the only part of the menu I am REALLY interested in anyway) and this particular restaurant has the cutest little shot glass desserts. After thinking how I could have gone for the mini strawberry cheesecake dessert shot instead of dinner, my creative thoughts started flowing.



Why not have a waiter or waitress carry around a tray of different types of shot desserts? They are not near as heavy on the waist as wedding cake, and people can choose from more than one type. A colorful cake, such as red velvet cake, gives off a certain personality that can be blended into a red theme, roses theme, or Gothic theme.



Other yummy flavors of mini shot desserts could include:

--wedding cake in a shot glass

--death by chocolate (chocolate cake with chocolate syrup and topped with chocolate sprinkles)

--carrot cake (instead of whipped cream, try butter cream icing layers)

--confetti cake (so much fun and looks like something you would have at a carnival)

--layered vanilla and chocolate cake with peanut butter filling/icing



The list and creativity could go on and on forever. Before the wedding, purchase basic boxed cakes to try out a variety of flavors. Keep a list of types you would like, as well as a list you think your guests would like.



I am going to leave you with a recipe for a "can't fail if you choose me" flavor.



Chocolate Shots



1 package JELL-O chocolate mousse (prepare as directed on box)


Oreo cookies, crushed ~OR~ crushed chocolate graham crackers


Whipped Cream


Chocolate Sauce


This recipe is so easy that after you have prepared the mousse according to the box, you can assemble the "shooters" any way you would like. You can mix everything together for a "dirt" pudding mix (dirt pudding is amazing!). Or you may choose to make a layered cup with the whipped cream on top. Whatever you choose, it will be fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Love! This would work for any event even, such as an anniversary party or birthday party!

    ReplyDelete